1886 – Concession is granted

On 1 July 1886, engineers H. A. Ruge and E. Stauder were granted a concession to construct and operate the Zürichbergbahn (“Zurich Mountain Railway”), running from Limmatquai to the Zürichberg. However, the route sparked major debate, with bridges and tunnels up for discussion. It was not until a 1:1 scale wooden model of the bridge was created that the city council agreed to the construction of a viaduct – the route still used to this day.

Diese Website verwendet Cookies – nähere Informationen dazu und zu Ihren Rechten als Benutzer finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung am Ende der Seite.